Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Randomness

I have no good titles and just a whole lot of randomness here to share...and then we'll be just about caught up around here!

 Can I just say, we are so lucky to have such great babysitters at our disposal.  I can't imagine living in an area where we know no one and do not know who we can trust to watch our kids so that Jeff and I can go out.  With Jeff working at the high school, we have too many great babysitters to count!  Catherine is one of Claire's favorites.  Claire even remembers that the first time Catherine babysat the kids, Catherine wore a purple shirt.  I am so not making this up.  Claire adores her, and was beyond excited to find out that Catherine was going to come over to visit before going to prom.  How special for my little girl, and how thoughtful of Catherine to think of Claire on her big day!

 I was happy to have some family time on Mother's Day.  We had breakfast in the morning (blueberry pancakes cooked by Jeff and the kids), went and flew their new kites, got lunch, and went to the outlet mall after naps.  It was a perfect day!




 So I got a picture of Jeff and the kids on Mother's Day, but not of the kids and me.  Nice.

 I love that Claire and Jack are best little buds.  Yes, they fight over toys, hit each other, and drive me crazy sometimes, but it is such fun to see them interact now.  Jack still wants to follow Claire around and do everything she does, and Claire wants to pretend she's the mom and boss Jack around.  But then there are moments like this, when they are just so precious together that my heart melts.  I hope they can always be good friends.






 Yay!  It's finally nice outside!  This particular night a couple of weeks ago we played outside all afternoon, then ordered pizza and had dinner outside.  Then we went for a long walk in the stroller (Jack)/bike ride (Claire).  Being outside and able to run around makes such a huge difference in everyone's moods.  

 That ridiculously happy squeal of delight?  Instigated completely by his sister and her silliness.


 Daddy is imparting all of his lacrosse knowledge on these kiddos.  Who knows, maybe we are raising some star lacrosse players here!


 Jack waited so patiently for his turn.  And yes, since then we have purchased two new sticks so that they can both play!


 Little lax bro.


No comments:

Post a Comment