Saturday, May 21, 2011

Easter

We had a pretty low-key Easter, with no big plans other than a family dinner for the four of us.  I stayed up late Saturday night and got everything ready for dinner so that we could enjoy the day as a family on Sunday and just take it easy.  I did not want to have to spend all day in the kitchen cooking a big meal while Jeff and the kids got to play! As I was prepping dinner sides (scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole from scratch, roasted carrots, and a trifle for dessert) it occurred to me that I'm the mom.  I am the one in charge of making the holiday dinners (sometimes--depends on our plans!), making sure that we do special things that the kids will remember.  Whoa...when did this happen?  How did I go from the little kid that could hang around and enjoy the food everyone else cooked, to the MOM in charge of making the meal??  I really should have enjoyed that kid status, which involved not cooking, just a little bit more.  Judging by my grandma, it's likely that I will be doing this for the next 50+ years.  I'm tired just thinking of it! 

We ended up having a great Easter together.  Here's how we spent our day:

 Jack and Claire got everything ready for the Easter Bunny the night before.  They set out carrots, chocolate milk (Claire's idea), and their empty baskets.



 The Easter Bunny came!

 Claire was very excited for some candy!  Hershey Kisses, to be exact.




 Let the egg hunt begin!






 Counting the eggs and the coins they found inside.




While she loved her basket and egg hunt, I'm pretty sure that the highlight of Claire's day was talking to Emma on the phone.  The highlight of Jack's day was shoveling stones with Grandma and Daddy!  The Easter Bunny just can't compete with those two events.

No comments:

Post a Comment