Tuesday, February 15, 2011

So....it's still cold out.

We are running out of ways to entertain ourselves.  We're so over winter.

 Jack's new favorite toy is Claire's Barbie.  He loves that it lights up and plays music.  So, he runs around and dances to it, much to Daddy's chagrin.  Yes, I just used the word chagrin.  Who says I have a poor vocabulary?  Oh, wait, it was me that said that...just trying to prove otherwise.

 Bob the Builder, can we fix it??  Yes, we can!

I know exactly what you are thinking.  It goes something like this, "Wow!  Look at that!  What an amazing mom Betsy is.  She lets her kids do cool stuff like build a snowman in the house.  Man, I wish I could be like her.  She's such an inspiration to moms everywhere.  She makes me feel so inadequate."  Allow me to console you.  This indoor snowman is perfect evidence that I'm crap as a mom.  Claire has been begging me to take her outside and build a snowman since the first flakes fell in...well, months ago.  Flat out, I'm too lazy.  By the time I layer on their clothes, then (find and) put on their snowpants, coats, mittens, hats, and boots, someone inevitably needs to pee, or have a diaper changed.  We get outside and it's so cold that we last all of 10 minutes, only to come inside and deposit mass amounts of snow on the kitchen floor while I take off said layers of clothing, and then try to find a place to hang all of the clothing to dry.  Not.worth.it.  So, I took a little inspiration from the real World's Best Mom (Kristine Ackerman) and brought some snow inside.  Perfect!  I implore you to do the same.  Yup, just said implore. Try not to be too astounded.  Now go fill a container with snow and let your kids play on the kitchen floor while you make dinner.  Then tell me how much you love me for my inspiration, cool ideas, and the fact that your house is now quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment