Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Snow Day, Take 2

In January (whatever day, I can't even remember now!) my school was closed because we had a very cold, sub-zero day.  February 2 we had a real, actual snow day, with real, actual snow, not just cold temperatures.  Geneva even closed, which never happens, so Daddy was home all day.  Oddly enough, we didn't get anywhere near the snowfall amounts that were predicted.  We were supposed to get somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 inches, but we only got a few.  The storm was predicted to be so horrible that schools started closing the night before.  I say, the only thing better than a snow day is knowing the night before so that I don't have to set my alarm!

So, I relented.  I gave in to the begging, dragged out the snow pants, and out we went!  It was surprisingly warm that day, in the 30s, so we stayed out for over and hour.  I'm only slightly embarrassed to admit that it was February and Jack's first-ever time out in the snow.  Slacker mom, what??

 A little unsure at first...

 But walking around like a pro in no time!

 One of my favorite pictures of my little girl yet! 

 Working on a snowman!

 It's serious business, getting that snowman's mouth just right.

 My girl was so proud of her snowman!

 Mr. Serious, as always.

He really did like the snow...despite what the pictures show.  And can I just say, look at those cute red cheeks!  My sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment