Sunday, May 2, 2010

Vintage Claire, Vol. 1

Whew...those last three posts ended up being quite long.  Catching up on the last three and a half years of our lives is no small task!  For your viewing pleasure, a quick post with some pictures of Claire's early days at home, before I knew the true meaning of the word "Colic".  The best memories of my 29 years of life thus far are of the early days at home with my babies.  The days when the hospital had me on driving restriction so we were forced to stay inside and take it easy.  Cuddling, nursing, trying to fit in some sleep between the nursing sessions that happened every hour and a half and lasted for 45 minutes (leaving me with 45 minutes to quickly get a couple of things done, maybe even a shower if I was lucky, before it started all over again).  If I could go back in time for even a few hours my top two choices would be the first few weeks at home with my babies.  It's an amazing thing, learning to take care of a new life, watching that little one grow every day.  I miss those early days...

So tiny, she fit on a burp cloth...I still can't believe how small Claire was when we came home.  The day we left the hospital she weighed just 5 pounds, 15 ounces.

She cried a lot and was sensitive from the start, but kissing her feet seemed to settle her down!

First bath

Testing out the swing for the first time





Poppy had told me all along that he doesn't hold babies younger than 6 months old.  Once he saw Claire outside of the hospital he couldn't resist!

Poppa had pneumonia and couldn't visit Claire until he was better.  Here they are, meeting for the first time!

How we spent many a long, late night...

No comments:

Post a Comment