Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My baby is going to preschool

I cannot believe it.  Today was Claire's last day in the "Koala" room at daycare.  She has been in this classroom since she was 20 months old in September 2008.  Her teachers, Holly, Tina, and Ann are some of the nicest, most caring people I have ever met.  They truly loved Claire and it showed.  We are so fortunate to have had these amazing people in Claire's life for the last two years.  Daycare often gets a bad rap, but we have had nothing but positive experiences since our kids started daycare.  They get to socialize with kids their age every day, do many more art projects than I would ever even think of attempting at home, (painting with sponges clipped to clothespins?  Painting with string, marbles, feathers, and bubblewrap?  I never would have thought of this!) and they have been blessed to have so many people love them on a daily basis.  Claire has more than thrived in her classroom and her teachers have done everything they could to provide her with an enriching, stimulating, loving environment in which to learn and grow.  There are truly not enough words to describe how grateful we are to her teachers.  So to them, thank you.

Claire's first day as a Koala, September 2, 2008


Last Friday, August 27, Claire's class had an end of the year party and ceremony.  The kids were so cute!


Claire and her daycare "sister" Morgan.  They have been together since they started at daycare in September 2007.  Next year they will be in different preschool classrooms, but they will still get to see each other at dance!


The Koala class, coming out to start their ceremony.


Each child showed how they can walk up and down the practice stairs.  Claire got to go first!


The kids sang their ABCs and "I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee".  Their shirts said, "We'll always 'bee' friends!"


Claire's class


Walking up the stairs to get her certificate


Miss Tina...we love you!  She cried a little when she gave Claire her certificate.  Good thing I was wearing my sunglasses to hide my tears!





Miss Tina and Claire


Miss Holly and Claire


Miss Ann and Claire


So proud of my big girl!





The kids showing us how they sit and wait to wash their hands for lunch (in this case a pizza party organized by the teachers!!)


Morgan, Claire, and Emily.  Claire and Emily will still be in the same class in preschool and Claire is very happy about that!


Claire and Logan will still be in the same class, too!


When I picked Claire up today her teachers gave me the best gift ever (as if they haven't already given us enough).  They made a portfolio for each child, inside which was art projects, pictures, and a journal.  The journal has weekly entries detailing different activities and cute stories of things that had happened.  I, of course, cried the whole time I read it.  One of my favorite lines was, "Claire takes musical chairs very seriously".  Too funny!  I loved reading about Claire's days and all of the things that went on when we couldn't be with her.  I've already put in my request for Jack to be a Koala when he transitions in January!  I wouldn't have it any other way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment