Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's not summer 'til you've had your first Ball Park

Saturday night we had Matthew, Alexe, and Avery over for a cookout to celebrate their move back to Geneva (and to give them a break from the chaos of unpacking) and there were Ballparks on the grill, so I guess it's official! Summer is so close I can feel it. Today marks the true countdown until the last day of school, June 24. This month promises to be a great one: Father's Day, Jeff's birthday, my solo trip for Kara's wedding in Hilton Head, SC, and our family trip to see Sarah, Ron, Allison and Emily in Florida with a two-day side trip to Disney! How can I not be excited on this June 1?? The heat came early this year, so we've been pretending it is already summer for a couple of weeks now.




I treated Claire to a little mani/pedi. Clearly, she didn't like it at all...


It has been hot, hot, HOT, so we got the sprinkler and water table out. We've learned to embrace our tiny backyard (can I even call it that?) and cram as many toys as possible out there, much to the dismay of the neighbors, I'm sure. Now that Jack is older, bigger, and more resilient, I know we will be outside a lot this summer. Our kids certainly don't appear to mind that we don't have much of a yard!























It's a rule that every child has to learn how to turn a blade of grass into a whistle, right?


Let the countdown to June 24th begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment